At North Star Credit Union, we know your time is valuable. That’s why our online and mobile banking features are offered to every member, free of charge.
External Funds Transfer
More flexibility when moving money!
- Transfer funds online to and from your accounts at other financial institutions to your North Star Credit Union accounts
- Pay your NSCU loan from an external account
- Make one-time transfers or set up recurring transfers through Online Banking and Mobile App
Funds transfers made easy
Because you may have money at other financial institutions, we make it easier to transfer that money through Online Banking. Whether you have accounts with other banks or credit unions, you can transfer funds quickly between them and your NSCU personal accounts. Keep in mind, business accounts and international transfers are excluded. Visit our website northstarcreditunion.org or contact us with any questions.
What types of transfers does NSCU offer?
- Transfer funds safely between your NSCU accounts – available in Online Banking and North Star Mobile App.
- External Transfers: Transfer from your NSCU deposit account to a deposit account at another financial institution; Transfer to your NSCU loan or deposit account from another financial institution.
What is the minimum amount I can transfer between accounts?
The minimum transfer amount is $0.01 for internal or external transfers.
How do I add an external account?
Using Online Banking or NSCU Mobile App, click on the main menu “External Transfers” tab. And then “External Account Management”. Input external account information. Review the ACH Transfer Disclosure. Click “Add External Account”. Trial deposits will be made to external account. Validation of external account trial deposit amounts are required to complete adding of external account. External account trial deposits typically take two business days.
How much can I transfer in a day?
- Internal Transfers – maximum of $3,000.00 per transfer
- External Transfers – maximum of $3,000.00 per transfer
Is there a fee to make a transfer?
There are no fees for internal transfers, for inbound external transfers to NSCU, or outbound transfers from your NSCU account to another financial institution.
What types of external transfers are prohibited?
International transfers and business account transfers.
How long does an external transfer take to process?
External transfers can be processed in up to two (2) business days.
Watch the video below to learn how to use mobile banking and deposit checks from your phone:
If you are not currently enrolled in online banking, watch the video below to learn how: