A Message from our CEO
Welcome to North Star Credit Union. It has been a privilege to serve the members of North Star Credit Union for the past 11 years as the chief executive officer. I am humbled by the continual support from our membership and our community. Because of your trust in our company, we have seen tremendous growth over the past decade. A few of the accomplishments I am most proud of include our name change from Cook Area Credit Union to North Star Credit Union, tripling our workforce from 6 to 18, and the addition of student-led branches in North Woods and South Ridge Schools. Each day, we work to serve you—our members—while maintaining a commitment to our mission and values. Thank you for being a member of our financial family. I hope you feel a sense of pride knowing when you choose North Star Credit Union you are resolving to strengthen your financial security and your community.
North Star Credit Union provides high quality financial services and education to meet the needs of our communities.
“Hometown Values……….Worldwide Access………Lifelong Relationships.”
Get access to our unparalleled member commitment today, Become a Member!
To Build Thriving Communities Across Northern Minnesota
- Financial Stability
- Financial Education
- High Quality Service
- Meeting the Needs of Our Members
- Teamwork Between Management and Staff
- Promoting the Credit Union Idea to Communities
Download and view our 2017 Annual Report »
At North Star Credit Union, we hire individuals who are committed to serving our members, colleagues, and community with generosity. If you bring enthusiasm to our team, we can offer great benefits, competitive wages, and a genuine commitment to a healthy work/life balance. We are currently hiring for the positions listed below, but the opportunities do not stop there. We pride ourselves on helping our employees grow and develop in their careers.
|Title||Member Service Representative I|
Various evening, weekend hours
|Reports to||Member Service Supervisor|
MSR will assist members, guests and staff with friendly, knowledgeable service in a professional manner with all products and services offered.
- Build relationships with staff, members and community partners.
- Handle large amounts of currency, coin and other products offered by company, and maintain an accurate drawer within designated limits.
- Process member transactions.
- Open and service various products including new accounts, and checking and savings.
- Greet members and visitors as they enter the building.
- Effectively and professionally communicate all products and services to members and actively cross-sell additional products.
- Attend staff meetings, training and other designated events.
- Be familiar with opening, closing and emergency procedures.
- Assist members over the phone and computer.
- Use appropriate problem solving when dealing with suggestions or concerns.
- Meet individual goals and help with organization goals.
- Keep facilities, work area and equipment clean and well maintained.
- Community involvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Strong understanding of credit union products and services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds.
- Be able to stand and sit for long periods of time.